Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Can't find a da50 prop hub

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find a dl 50 prop hub

Can anyone help ? I can't find a prop hub to fit a braveheart bh50cc engine . Dle 55 does not fit. Any ideas please . Dan

Last edited by Danair1980; 06-11-2024 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Incorrect info
Old 06-11-2024, 06:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Take measurements of the crank shaft ( if you can ). Maybe a picture as well and we can begin to solve this.
Is it tapered and pressed on or keyed?
IDK
The following users liked this post:
Danair1980 (06-13-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 11:59 PM

Thanks for the reply mate , it's small metal key same as dle prop hubs .. the dle 55 prop hub proved to be just a little smaller and wouldn't fit on shaft ..looked identical though . I will take motor apart later on and get any measurements as it's on the table at home . Thanks mate .
Old 06-13-2024, 11:48 AM

The braveheart 50 surprised me and it's been great. I guess the materials in the prop hub where rubbish because all the bolt holes dissintergrated.

The one on left is the braveheart prop hub the new dle55 one on right is to narrow to fit on prop shaft. I have had a response from braveheart engines and they said da50 parts fit including the prop hub . But when I look at the current model the da50r the prop hub looks whay different .so I'm little confused atm
Old 06-13-2024, 11:50 AM

The old prop hub is beaten up because I've been kinda .. hitting it to see just how soft it was seeing as it needed replacing
Old 06-17-2024, 05:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Prop hub failures most often are from loose prop hub bolts, The power pulses are short and strong on our 2 strokes. So how do you judge your torque when tightening these bolts? The prop type is very important. Wooden, carbon and reinforced nylon each have their own torques ( yet the engines often are showing one torque).

Me I would not look for a replacement. I would drill and tap to the next size up ((( the hub is already the right size ) minus you beating on it).

So Checking various bolts and nut over time is the best way to prevent failure.
I will continue to look at this thread to see if I can help in some way.

Last edited by kmeyers; 06-18-2024 at 05:31 AM.